Monday, August 30, 2010

Transfer Week!

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

This week is transfers. We had transfer calls last night (when they call and let us know who's transfering and to where). "DRUMROLL PLEASE!"................................................. I'm staying! and so is Elder Jackson! So we're both in Lawton for at least another 6 weeks. I'm excited!! It's awesome being here! So yes, that's the good news :)

Let's see... what else happened this week... oh! Brandon and Katrina Evans were baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday! I got to do the confirmations, so that was a cool experience! After they were baptized on Saturday, we stopped by their house to ask them how they felt (to help them recognize the feelings). They said they felt good. They said they’ve felt good before, but now they feel GOOD! And that was before they were even confirmed! After they were confirmed, the change was immediate. I could sense that they really did have the Holy Ghost with them. Brandon carried himself like a new man. It wasn’t really a conscious thing, I think, but he just seemed more…manly. Is it manly for one man to call another man “manly”? Who knows?! It’s the sense of direction and purpose that is now in his life that has wrought that change. Huzzah for the gospel!

We’ve been riding around and tracting a lot still and trying to see who actually wants to know more and who doesn’t, so it was a good week! We were tracting in one neighborhood and we met this awesome guy. We told him who why we were out and about and he just said, “Alright, thanks!” and looked at us with a smile. We asked him if he had talked to missionaries before. He said, “Yeah, but they weren’t to fond about what I said about the upcoming zombie invasion.” I said, “Yeah, you gotta stock up!” “Assault rifles!” he replied. HAHAHA!!!!! I love tracting for so many reasons! He didn’t want to be taught anything, but it was still a good refresher. :)

And then something else happened. I really should write litte notes down so I can remember.

That’s what journal writing is for, right? :p

Today, our district is getting together for our last P-day this transfer. We’ll probably play basketball and go out to eat or something.

Oh! Basketball! So, if you have ever played basketball with me, you may have been able to tell that I’m not the most proficient with a basketball. No need to fear! Elder Jackson is here! We’ve played basketball a few times over the past weeks and he has given me tips to help me out. Slowly but surely, I’m getting better at basketball! We played on Wednesday and I was doing okay and then I went on an exchange to Altus, OK on Thursday. And what do they do on Thursday nights in Altus? Play basketball! So I got to play some more. I’m getting a lot more handy at it all, so it’s good. Oh, “a lot more HANDY at it all”. Yeah, get it? Okay, it wasn’t that funny :P Anyway, I like basketball now that I’m partly proficient at the game.

I’m trying to think of some spiritual stories I have had, but it’s all a blur!

Here’s one! Elder Jackson told me yesterday that I’m like Ammon. I was like, “……..okay? thanks?......” Then he shared Alma 27:16-18 with me. Verse 17 reads, “Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; yea, he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth.” That’s what happened to me on August 11! Hahaha! AWESOME!!! Verse 18 reads, “Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which non receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness.” So if you REALLY want TRUE happiness and you pray and serve and try to find ways to express love to people, you WILL get this happiness!!!

Anyway, I think that’ll be all for this week. Thanks again for all your love and prayers and stuff! I hope you're enjoying this totally sweet blog (and if you're getting this directly and haven't looked at the blog, check it out!) My sister made it and maintains it!!! Props to Adj Woolley! Woot!

Anyway, I love all of you a lot! Go be happy and say "I love you" to someone!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Love,
Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment