Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly Letter -- 21 Mar 2011

Dear Everyone,

This morning, we had our sliding glass door cracked open for some air flow. There are blinds that cover the door, and as I studied, a cat walked through the door into our living room. I saw him out of the corner of my eye and thought, "Cool! There's a cat in our living room!" And then I stood up and it ran out the door.

Have you ever tried riding your bike against the wind? We've done that a good amount the past few days. Note to self: Tour de France training=biking against the wind in Oklahoma. Luckily, I like to ride my bicycle :)

This past week was the LTM in the city (Oklahoma City). Super fun! I stayed with the Zone Leaders again (Elders Madsen and Ellsworth, same as last LTM). It was a blast! There were a bunch of super spiritual meetings and I learned a lot!

As I was in the LTM, I wondered why the LTM's I've been to have always had a spiritually profound impact on me. It's because the Spirit is very strong there, and we're getting taught and guided by the Spirit in an intense way all week. It's the same as why we go to Church--for the Spirit! (Read Elder Bednar's address "Receive the Holy Ghost" in the Nov 2010 Ensign for more!)

Also, another note to self: armadillos jump/bound. We saw a live one as we were driving down the road in El Reno (an area the Zone Leaders cover). Seeing a live armadillo is a big deal! Elder Ellsworth has been out 18 months and it's the first live one he's seen! So we got out of the truck and circled around it (there were 5 of us: the Zone Leaders, Elder Hawker, Elder Cook (the one I trained) and myself). After a few seconds, the armadillo realized that it was surrounded. It ran and then started into some bounding hops. Those things are quick! We never did catch it, but supposedly they're dangerous (which we didn't think about at the time, but it was probably good that we didn't catch it).

Speaking of creatures, I've wondered about how some creatures fit into God's plan. For instance, camel spiders: A) they're big, B) you can only kill them with a bazooka or a big, green notebook, and C) they're attracted to red light for whatever reason. I'm not sure how they fit into the grand scheme of things, but I guess that's one of the lesser "mysteries of heaven" that will be learned someday. Cool creatures though!

OK. This letter needs to be more spiritual for all of the people reading this, right? Right. So here's some great scripture!

It's in "Nephi's Lament" in 2 Nephi 4:26-29:

26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine enemies?
27 And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am I angry because of mine enemy?
28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.

I like that scripture a lot. How about you? :)

Love ya, everyone. Have a great week! I love you! Thanks for the letters and prayers! :)

Love,
Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment