Monday, November 1, 2010

Come, Let Us Anew

Dear You,

Come, let us anew our journey pursue,
Roll round with the year,
And never stand still till the Master appear.
His adorable will let us gladly fulfill,
And our talents improve,
By the patience of hope and the labor of love,
By the patience of hope and the labor of love.

Our life as a dream, our time as a stream
Glide swiftly away,
And the fugitive moment refuses to stay;
For the arrow is flown and the moments are gone.
The millennial year,
Presses on to our view and eternity's here,
Presses on to our view and eternity's here.

Oh, that each in the day of His coming may say,
"I have fought my way through;
I have finished the work thou didst give me to do."
Oh, that each from his Lord may receive the glad word:
"Well and faithfully done;
Enter into my joy and sit down on my throne;
Enter into my joy and sit down on my throne."


This week was great! We set some new goals and committed through prayer and the Lord has blessed us richly and opened up doors!
Last night, we had a lesson at a member's house with one of their friends, Sam. It went very well! The work here is burning stronger and stronger and the Lord will provide as we all do our part! This is fun! :)

This week, I realized that Elder Gene R. Cook's old "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" BYU devotional has changed my life. Believe, commit, and do it! Missionary work is so incredible! I hope all of you are reading and studying "Preach My Gospel" because if you aren't, you definitely should! That's my advice, at least! :)

That's all for this week. Oh! Just kidding!

When Elder and Sister Zwick were here, Sister Zwick talked about the importance of asking questions. That's basically how we teach now: asking inspired questions. I think I wrote about this a few weeks ago, but she said that Elder Bednar doesn't go to the temple to get all of the answers to his questions, but he does to find the right questions. Questions are so important! Next time you think you completely understand something ask yourself a question. For instance, with repentance, you could say that a step to repentance is to "Identify that what you're doing is wrong" and then leave it at that or you could ask yourself, "How can I tell if what I'm doing is wrong?" or "Why does is matter if I identify that what I'm doing is wrong?" and let the vitally important pondering process begin (as President Eyring talked about last conference). Questions are where spiritual growth comes from. Questions are inherently progressive. Joseph Smith had a question. How has Joseph Smith's question effected your life? :)

I love you! Thank you for all of your support and prayers and love and letters and happy thoughts! I hope all of you have a great week! The church is true! Jesus is the Christ. Let us go on in the work He has sent us to do! This isn't the work of the full-time missionaries only! ;)

Love,
Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment