Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! - Letter from 14 Feb 2011

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

The Gospel--it's all about the love. :)

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! :)

The one with the cake is one Elder Phillips and I made. He made the cake (two 8-inch round pans) and I iced it. It was very delicious :)

This is going to be short, because we're going to Weatherford to play some ball!

Transfers are this Wednesday and... I'm staying in Elk City! I love this place :) We're getting a new Sister in Weatherford and Elder Kimber (who I served with in the Lawton district) is coming to Clinton! AWESOME!!! :)

I've had James 3:2 in mind a lot lately. It reads, "For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body." I've tried my best day by day to live this verse and the craziest thing about it is that the greatest blessing is that I feel better about myself. The Gospel just seems to be a ginormous paradox. I guess that's what makes living the gospel the greatest adventure. :)

We've been tracting a lot and it's mucho bueno. There are a lot of Assembly of God people here. In fact, we tracted into their preacher! He asked for some hard proof about the truth of the Book of Mormon. We just told him he has to read it and pray about it. He brought up a couple other points (the Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls, etc) and tried to have us intellectually prove that the Book of Mormon is true. Nothing against the man, but he was arguing just like a Pharisee would. We testified and told him that we know by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true. He stumbled over a couple of words, talked about some other stuff, and then we left.

No one can fight a testimony.

This church is the Church of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon is true :)

I love you! Have a great Valentine's Day and a great week! Thank you for all of your letters, love, and prayers! :)

Love,
Elder Woolley


Picture of the district this past transfer (With Elder Madsen (one of our Zone Leaders) and Elder McKenzie (one of the Assistants to the President) who were at our district meeting on friday).

No comments:

Post a Comment