Monday, February 14, 2011

(kind of) Snowy Oklahoma! - Letter from 7 Feb 2011

Hello!

This week was grand! On Tuesday, it snowed. There wasn't a lot of snow, but it was really windy the wind made some big snow banks (i.e. perfect for getting cars stuck in!) So we were grounded (couldn't drive/go anywhere) on Tuesday. And then on Wednesday is was cold, really cold! Supposedly, with the wind chill factor, it was -20 degrees F outside (Yes, "-20 degrees F" because I'm not even sure how to spell ferenheit (until just now when I used spell check and learned that it's spelled "Fahrenheit")). So Elder Phillips and I went outside with the cold, blustery wind. We took a couple of pictures, felt like icecicles, and then turned into this:

  That's what we looked like after standing outside for 5 minutes). Luckily, since then we have thawed, turned into real people again (being a snowman wasn't that fun anyway) and now we're resuming all of the normal business!
Only tomorrow, there's supposed to be freezing rain. (What is freezing rain, anyway? Rain that freezes is called "hail", right? I didn't pay enough attention in my 7th grade Earth Studies class or something). So, we are going to buy some snacks today and enjoy another day of studying!

Yesterday was the Superbowl! And we tracted all day! Contrary to popular belief (AKA what we thought was going to happen), it was a very effective time to tract! It didn't start till 5:30 PM and since there were TOO many people sucked on the the pre-game show, we got to talk with a lot of people and do some teaching.

Oh! Speaking of teaching, we had a cool experience last Monday night. While I was at the LTM a couple weeks ago, Elder Phillips looked through the Clinton area book (since they used to cover our area). There were a couple of old referrals/former investigators that he found, so last Monday we went to go track one down. It was a mormon.org referral (the first one I've had a chance of tracking down). When we met her, she said, "I saw the commercials and then went to the website and saw something about the Book of Mormon and I was like, 'I want that book!'" Talk about AWESOME! So we taught her about the Restoration and invited her to be baptized and she accepted. So now we are going to help her along the way. :)

That's really it for this week. I've been going through the lessons in Preach My Gospel and marking all of the Book of Mormon references in a copy of the Book of Mormon. Going through everything fresh (without looking over my past notes) has enlightened me on how much meat is in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is definitely true!

I love you! Thanks for writing to me (for those of you who have, here's a gold star for you!)
Thanks for all of your prayers and good wishes! I love you!

Love,
Elder Woolley


Elder Phillips and Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment