Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This Week's letter



Hello Family and Friends!

I hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did! I was drained yesterday from the spiritual communion. It was a good feeling :)

This past week was more eventful than I thought it would be. With Elder Jackson's surgery/recovery, I was able to go on a lot of splits with members. I liked it because a lot of my faults are more exposed and now I know what I need to work on!

The work is going well! People moving this way and that way in spiritual progression, so it's an adventure!

I learned a profound lesson about love during conference also. At some point, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang "Love One Another" (I think that's the correct title). The final line is, "By this shall men know ye are my disciples, if you have love one to another." I never noticed it before, but the Spirit told me, "By THIS shall men know if ye are my disciple, if ye have love one to another." It doesn't say, "by how well you study the scriptures" or "by how well you can recite scriptures" or "by how well you can talk with people."

When all is said and done, love is the motivating factor that drives the universe. Love is the reason we were given a Plan of Salvation in the first place. Love is what drove Christ to do all He did, even though it involved pain and loneliness unimaginable. Being nice to people matters. Being kind to people matters. Being gentle with people matters. That's why if we lack charity, we are nothing. If we don't have charity, what's the point? Try as we may, we don't really live unless we have charity. And once we get it, life is the grandest adventure of all!

Sorry this letter is so short. I don't really have a lot to talk about and I'm just about out of time anyway. Write to me (on paper, in the mail) and I'll have more to write about!

I love this gospel. I love this work. I love YOU! I know that God loves each of us individually. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and to me, that's all that matters.

Love,
Elder Woolley

This expression mixed with the glasses reminds me of a picture of Cousin Grant for some reason.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I just like to go to your blog to look at your picture. You are a wonderful servant of the Lord. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete