Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Letter--31 Jan 2011


This is at the LTM. These are the missionaries
from our zone that went. We're the OKC zone.

Hello Everyone!

I went to the LTM (Leadership Training Meeting) last week and stayed in Yukon, OK with the Zone Leaders, Elder Madsen and Elder Ellsworth. It was fun, especially since Elder Ellsworth was my Zone Leader in Lawton for my first two transfers. Elder Gonzalez and I drove to Yukon on Sunday Evening. We spent P-Day last week in Yukon. It was fun! For the first time since I've been out here, I spent P-Day with more than four missionaries! Haha it was good :)

At the LTM, we went over the same eight fundamental teaching skills that the Brethren want all of the missionaries worldwide to focus on. So, we went over all of it. It was four days long: two fundamentals a day. It was broken up into 3 hour sessions: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. President Taylor would give a 30 minute introduction and then we broke up into zones. There were 10 of us from the OKC (Oklahoma City) zone were there, so we spent a lot of time together. After some more instruction in our zones (by our zone leaders or some of us), we did some practice teaching for a while. Then everyone at the LTM would get back together in the chapel for the last 30 minutes and President Taylor would do some concluding remarks.

Sounds like a bunch of meetings that would seem long and tedious, right? Well, my friend, it was AWESOME!!!! We were all taught by the Spirit a lot and were edified and rejoiced together! I learned SO MUCH!! Mainly, I learned that charity is the answer. Charity prevents sin and unlocks Priesthood power! How awesome is that?! Ever since I decided to just be charitable and not look back, I've felt the Spirit more and I feel more divinely guided. It's awesome. I recommend it :)

Elder Phillips and I are starting to do a "scripture of the day". We drop off little notes at members'/investigators' homes with a little "How are you?" and the scripture of the day. It's something our ward mission leader did on his mission and it helped get everyone excited about the scriptures and everything, so we're going to do it here!

So, today's scripture of the day is Mosiah 4:9:

"Believe in God; believe that he is, and the he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all things which the Lord can comprehend."

God lives and He is our Heavenly Father. He loves each of us and knows what's going on in our lives. He wants to help us and I know He will when we ask Him.

Have a great week, everyone. Thanks for your prayers, letters, emails, and support. I really do appreciate it a lot and I hope everything is going well. I love each of you a lot!

Love,
Elder Woolley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment