Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Letter - 2 May 2011

HOLA!

First item of business, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY DONAKEY!!

Second item of business, Osama bin Laden is dead. That's really crazy. I'm not going to get into politics or too deep into all of it, but needless to say, I think every military member and their families are VERY relieved that this has finally happened. I know I am!

Third item of business, the gospel is true. That's what makes it work so well! :)

Forth item of business, Oklahoma has crazy weather. It's been the driest Spring in a long time, so a couple of weeks ago, the bishop announced that the Stake was going to join in fasting for rain. So yesterday, as we woke up and looked outside, it was raining! So yeah, fasting works. I give it two thumbs up :)

Fifth item of business, Oklahomans love BBQ. That's why I love Oklahoma. Actually, I love Oklahoma for a lot of reasons, but especially because of BBQ. The second counselor in our stake presidency, Pres. Curtis Crane, lives in Oklahoma City but drives out to Elk City once a week for work. He took us out to dinner at a place called the Hog Trough. All I can say is that they have some good ribs. Big, hefty, delicious ribs :)

Sixth item of business, I'm trying to think of something spiritual to say, but I'm stuck on those ribs now. They really were that good!

Seventh item of business, we should be having a baptism in the next couple of weeks (Elk City's first since the area opened in January). It's a part-member family and they're really awesome!

Eighth item of business, if any of you haven't met my family, you have to! They're awesome!

Ninth item of business, my favorite thing to do out here (or at least one of my favorite things to do) is to tell people I know the Book of Mormon is true. People just can't mess with that!

Tenth item of business, we had zone conference on Friday. It was a good time and an all-day event for us (since we have to drive to and from Elk City).

Eleventh item of business, I'm sure a lot of missionaries think this about their mission president, but my mission president is THE BEST! I just wanted to let you know that :) If you ever get a chance to meet President Nolan Taylor (whether he's still "President" or not) take it! He's knows his stuff and he's basically like Moroni. "If all man had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto [President Taylor]... the devil would NEVER have power over the hearts of the children of men." (emphasis added) :)

Twelfth item of business, I think this is all for this week. Transfers are in 10 days, so I'll find out next Sunday if/where I'm getting transferred.

Thirteenth item of business, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY NEXT SUNDAY!!! Moms are awesome.

Gotta go now. Love ya! :) Thanks for your letters!

Love,
Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment