Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week-ish 3-ish in Elk City...ish -- 24 Jan 2011

Hola, Mis Amigos!

Me llamo Elder Woolley y soy un Mormon! And... mi arboles es en mi basura! That's about all of the Espanol I know so far! Oh, yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero! When I was on exchanges with Elder Gonzalez in Clinton, we had a couple Spanish-speaking appointments. Elder Gonzalez took care of everything very well. He taught, testified, and then I testified "en Ingles." And then I testified in the Espanol! Someday I'll read el Libro de Mormon en Espanol, but I'll save that for another time.

In other news, Elder Phillips is getting better! His new antibiotics are crazy strong and make him drowsy, but I'm pretty sure they're working! So, this is a good thing.

The area is primed and ready. Our main trouble in Elk City and in Clinton are all of the single women that we can't teach (members and nonmembers) because there isn't another male present. We'll try to get creative and work things out, but other than that everything is going well!

We helped someone move on Saturday and he had some guns. We didn't touch them since we're not allowed to, but did I want to? YES! It was totally awesome! He just had a couple rifles I wanted to look at a little closer, but alas, me llamo Elder Woolley y soy un misionero!

Last night, I had a CRAZY dream. I was in the backyard at my house in Orem and my family and I were having a picnic. Then, all of a sudden, a cat appeared! And then, all of a sudden, a grizzly bear appeared! Then, all of a sudden, the grizzly bear stomped on the cat! (Poor kitty!) And then we all started to run away! And then the grizzly bear ran into the house and into the basement! Well I'm not gonna take any of that going on in my house! So I grabbed a gun! I ran to the top of the stairs that was going into the basement and then I realized, "This is only a .22! What good is this thing going to do?!" So I ran into the backyard and was yelling, "We need to go to Walmart so I can buy a bigger gun!" (Really, who buys high caliber weapons at Walmart?? What was I thinking?!) Then Fred, Eric, and Dad were walking by carrying a HUGE pistol with them. They said, "It's okay. We just borrowed this from Jim." (I think that was referring to Dad's friend, Jim. Why would Jim have a massive pistol? I don't know! He's a pharmacist! Maybe pharmacists like experimental weapons!). The pistol had to have shot a .75 caliber round (or bigger) because the diameter of the barrel was MASSIVE! (P.S. is there such thing as a .75 caliber round? I don't know, but if there is, this pistol would have shot it!). So I grabbed the pistol and started walking inside (it took Eric, Fred, and Dad to carry it before, but I could hold it comfortably with one hand. I'll let you make your own conclusion with that one). I was so excited! I was thinking, "Yeah!!! This stinkin' bear isn't going to know what hit him! HAHAHA!!" I looked the shiny black pistol over again, walked through the back door, and then... I woke up.

Yeah, tell me about it. I wanted to see what happened next too! But let's make a deal: if I have a "part 2" dream to finish this part, then I will definitely write about it. If not, then it will be a "pick your own adventure" book... dream...story... thing.

Well, want to hear something spiritual? Ok! :) Elder Phillips and I had a favorite scripture this past week. It's Matthew 10:39 and it reads (including the JST): "He who seeketh to save his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." The more I worry about myself, the less joy I feel. The more I have charity and think about others, the better I feel. Seems kind of backwards, huh? but that's how it works, so it's good. :) My favorite general conference talk is now President Monson's "Charity Never Faileth". About two-thirds of the way through, President Monson says something like, "I'm not referring to the type of charity that involves giving alms. I'm speaking of the type of charity that is patient. The kind of charity that is tolerant of others." He goes on to list examples of what a person's life is like when they're filled with charity. I'm excited to implement it in my life!

That's all for this week! Have a great week! We have the LTM (Leadership Training Meeting) from Tuesday-Friday, so I'm excited for this week! Oh yeah, I'm in Yukon, OK all week! Elder Gonzalez (who is in Clinton, OK) and I came here last night and we're here till the LTM is over on Friday! Anyway, that's all! Love ya! Have a great week! (again!) :)

Love,
Elder Woolley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment