Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekly Letter--03 JAN 2011 "6 Months Later... My First Transfer!"

HELLO EVERYONE! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY REID!!!!

Transfers are this week and I'M GETTING TRANSFERED!!!!!! I have loved being in Lawton a lot, especially since there are a lot of military members here. I'm excited to go to a new area though! Oh yeah, I'm going to Elk City, OK. There's a branch about 30 miles away in Clinton, and we're opening Elk City, so it's gonna be a lot of fun! Elder Cook is going to Wichita Falls, TX! And my new companions name is Elder Phillips (I'll meet him on Wednesday).

So what did I do over the last week, you ask? Well, we worked. And then we also had puffy french toast! "What is puffy french toast?!" you ask? Well, I'll tell you! It is Bro. Stringham's specialty! It's white bread dipped/covered in pancake batter (instead of the eggs and stuff for normal french toast), and then it's FRIED!! MMMMMMmmmm..... so goooooood....... Elder Cook had 3 pieces! I could only handle 2. Oh yeah! Once it's fried and all that, then you put fruit topping on it, maybe a little honey, and, of course, WHIPPED CREAM! Life is always better with a little whipped cream. :)
I remember Elder Jackson and I eating some time ago. We didn't have a car then, so we biked everywhere. Well, we ate it, and then biked, and then died, basically. It's good but very heavy. But definitely tasty :) Anyway, try it out sometime!

Oh yeah, then the Stringhams also fed us pork and sauerkraut for a prosperous year!!! It's a PA tradition (Sister Stringhams parents were there, they're from PA).

I gotta go now. I love you!!! :)

Love,
Elder Woolley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment