Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekly Letter--18 JAN 2011

Mi Familia y Mi Amigos!

Hola! Como estas? Me llamo es Elder Woolley. Viva la Elk City!

Elder Phillips sprechens Espanol, so he'll say random stuff in Espanol and I'll be like, "What are you talking about?" The worst is district meetings or church because the other two Elders in the ward speak Espanol too, so the three of them speak it and I'm lost in the Espanol sauce. Espanol everywhere!

And in case you didn't know, Espanol is Espanol for "Spanish" ;)

This past week was full of grandeur and... reading. Elder Phillips had some mild bronchitis stuff going on, so we went to the doctor. An exam and two shots in the rear end later (don't tell him I told you that!) we left the doctor's office and got some medicine. Then, we rested. Mainly, he rested, and I read "Jesus the Christ." Actually, we both read "Jesus the Christ" a lot this past week. It's awesome! So anyway, we rested a lot and went out to work here and there, but mainly Elder Phillips slept so he could get over his stuff so we can be healthy and work! Yay!

We also listened to a lot of general conference talks that have given me new insights, especially President Monson's talk, "Charity Never Faileth." Elder Phillips and I talked about "real intent" early last week during a companion study. It hit me that, "why would God give me a gift if I don't have any real intent to use it?" Mainly, why would Heavenly Father bless me with charity if I don't even have any set plans on what I'll do with that increased capacity to love? Or why would God bless me with increased faith in Jesus Christ if I don't have any real plan to use that faith to bring about righteous things? Lesson: real intent=good!

That's all for this week. More fun stuff to come, I'm sure! Ok-a-la-ho-ma! Viva la Midwest!

Love,
Elder Woolley :)

PS This week I learned that a hillbilly that isn't "as bad/redneck" as a normal hillbilly is known as a "hill-williams" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment